"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

GO Team Marathonguide.com!!

I am so excited and happy to say that I have another new sponsor!! Marathonguide.com has started sponsoring me for 2010 and I am so extremely grateful for their support and faith in me as an athlete. Their website is incredible and offers so much more than a list of marathons, half marathons, etc. They have racing news, quick searches by name, race name, all time best marathon times and more. I haven't ever seen such a great website compile so many races all over not only the United States, but internationally as well! I cannot wait to proudly wear the Team Marathonguide.com logo on my racing singlet and training gear. :)


My training has been going pretty well lately. I have started to do some really hard workouts and my foot (bone spur) is holding up well. I am so happy that I am able to train right now and every single day that I am pain free, even if I didn't feel very good during the run or workout, all I think is "well thank goodness my foot is still doing ok- that's the most important thing". I did a 2 hour and 10 minute run on Sunday and averaged 6:35 pace. I carried 20 oz of my delicious lemon lime GU electrolyte drink and two Jet Blackberry 2x Caffeine GU gels; I swear the gels saved my legs each time I ate one! It was also almost 70 degrees and sunny outside so I wouldn't have been able to finish without the drinks. Doing the run at the pace my coach gave me, made me really proud of myself because I was nervous going into it.


Yesterday was a fantastic day off from running and I did my strength training/core routine followed by 3k in the pool later in the afternoon. The swimming of course felt great and I can't believe how much more stretched out I felt afterward! Today I had another really hard workout of 85 minutes total running with 12x3 min at 5:40 pace and 2 min recovery between each at 7:10 pace. I hit the first few a little under 5:40 pace and a few in the low 5:40's. Eventually my paces got to the mid 5:40's and then into the 5:50's, yet my recovery was also slowing down. I started to get frustrated and freak out but I kept my emotions under control by trying to focus on each 3 minute repeat in the moment, and work on my form and breathing. I got through it and it felt amazing to take an "ice bath" in the pool at my parent's house afterward. :)


Anyway, things are off to a great start in 2010. I am feeling fatigued a lot lately though so I am going to get my iron and hemoglobin tested this week to see if it's low. I set a record at Duke about 2.5 years ago when my ferritin was up to about 150!!!!HAHA... So I am hoping it's not super low right now...I guess I'll know soon enough, and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment