"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good times :)


AHHHH tonight at midnight I get to see my favorite girls from Sex and the City in their second movie and I am sooooo excited!! I met Kristin Davis in NYC a month ago and she was so nice and great to talk to. She told me all about their appearances and events they had to do for the movie and watching the preview/trailer makes me ecstatic to see it. :) :)

Training has been pretty good and I have been really great with my core and strength work 6 days per week. I love blasting music and getting it done every day for an hour. My body is gonna look amazing when it's time to hit the beach in Cabo in July with my girls!! :) :)

I rode Lemmon for the fourth time this past Sunday and it was great. It was really fun to listen to my music and get up the mountain just as fast as I did the third time, and this time there were BAD winds. On the descent a few times, the wind blew me clear across the lane of traffic and I was kinda scared I might get thrown over the guard rail on the side. Thank goodness I made it down safe and sound :) My Rachel cookie and coffee at the top were the best ever....the cookie was super warm, delicious and fresh. I saved half of it for my drive home. It was colder at the top of the mountain this time around compared to the last time I did it, yet I relaxed on the patio in the sun for a while and managed to stay somewhat warm. I am not sure when I will head to Tucson for the 5th climb, but probably in 2 weeks I'll go for it and try to climb a few minutes faster.

Everything outside of training continues to be fun and entertaining. I have many parties to go to each weekend with great people who are an absolute blast to be around, so that gets me excited. Last weekend I went to a pool party and we had a great time relaxing, drinking and watching beer pong tournaments. Unfortunately Mo Train and I couldn't run the table like we did last time, lol :) His partner was my bro and they lost....twice in a row, HAHA....I love playing....reminds me of all the good times I had at Duke with the incredibly fun student athletes.

2.5 more weeks of nothing but non-stop fun and I'm going to appreciate every day of it. These next few weeks I am also looking at my long range plan and goals for myself and what I truly want to focus on and train for, to be the best athlete I can be....we'll see what I come up with :)

Great quote: "Do one thing every day that scares you"- Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment