"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Grateful :)


Well this is my first post on my own personal blog. I am excited to share my training and racing stories and experiences on here. Right now I am swimming a lot in the pool and doing tons of core and strength work on the days I don't swim. I am doing 6 thousand yards of freestyle, pulling, drills, kicking, etc. and now that I am in the habit of swimming so much I am actually looking forward to it each day I go to the pool. The suit I have right now is disintegrating more and more by the day. At this rate I am going to be buying a new suit every three weeks! ha :)

I am so grateful of this life I live as a professional athlete each day. Sometimes the hard work seems to be endless and I feel the "pressure" from society to work a full time day job. However I absolutely love working hard toward fulfilling my dreams, having amazing opportunities to meet great people and travel all over the world racing. It makes me realize there really is no better "job" than what I do right now. I substitute teach on average at least once per week and have done a long term sub position, and every time I go teach I am even more grateful that I am able to make a decent living doing what I love the most- being an athlete! :)

I am extremely excited for the holiday season and closing out 2009 on a good note. I have had a super successful year of racing and ran personal bests in every race. I can already feel good vibes for 2010 and I know it's going to be incredibly successful on so many levels! :) The companies that continue to believe in me and sponsor me are truly what keep my spirits up on the hardest training days. Thank you to Sole Sports Running Zone, GU Energy and Endurance Rehabilitation!! You are the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment