"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Running again!


I am finally running again and I'm so happy!! I ran two miles yesterday and three miles today and I am feeling good. My long break and many weeks of swimming for multiple hours and lots of core and strength work has made me even more appreciative of running. I am still swimming 7 thousand yards every other day and on the days I don't swim I'm doing two hours of core and strength work. As my running gets ramped up, the swimming will decrease a little, but while running low mileage I love the cardio workout from swimming.
The weather here in Tempe is absolutely gorgeous right now. It's about 75 as a high each day and nice and sunny. The air feels crisp in the early or later hours of the day and it felt fantastic on my run this evening! I truly believe there is no better place to train in the winter than the Tempe/Phoenix area.
I have been substitute teaching a few days per week and I enjoy it a lot. I like being a little busy and having a routine or schedule most days of the week. It makes me feel so much more productive. My little doggies don't like it when I leave and I wish sometimes I could just take them with me! haha
Whenever I have free time I absolutely LOVE to bake new things and recently I made some homemade maple pecan sticky buns from a delicious recipe in my Bon Apetit cookbook. Four hours of mixing, kneading and waiting for dough to rise, they came out of the oven and the house smelled amaaaazing! :)- I have put a picture of them in this blog. Next up I want to make some pumpkin spice muffins.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving! If you are doing a Turkey day race, good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment