"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Saturday, July 3, 2010

73 Degree Fun, New Singlets, Seattle and Cabo Countdown!




Yesterday my sister, my boys and I all drove down to Tucson for some Mt. Lemmon fun and we tried a new Mexican food restaurant as well. Weather at the bottom of the mountain was around 105-108 degrees and at the top it was about 73: Gorgeous! ☺ It was incredibly relaxing and beautiful up there. We walked the boys for a little bit in the forest and it was great. I think they really enjoyed the cooler weather and I fed them some of the new Cookie Cabin flavored cookie, Lemon Sugar☺ Lunch at the Mexican food restaurant disappointed us a little bit because my friend told me how fantastic it is and there were tons of people waiting, yet to be honest I think I can cook better Mexican at home! Ha Always fun to try a new place though…

I received my new white Brooks/Marathon Guide.com racing singlets in the mail from my agent and they look great! My Brooks ID singlet couldn’t really have other company logos screened on it because of difficulty with the material. The color is extremely bright too, so other colors couldn’t really be screened on it very well. I still need to get the Triple Sports and Endurance Rehabilitation logos screened on the front, yet so far the Marathon Guide and GU logos look good and are nice and big! I’m even more excited to race now ☺

My super special summer vacation with my great college friends is coming up VERY soon…in 18 days we’ll all be on our way to meet up and have the time of our lives! We are excited to relax, eat yummy food, drink great drinks, dance our asses off and of course talk a TON and catch up on so many things going on in all of our lives that we don’t have time to always call each other about. I cannot wait to see all of them ☺☺ The beach really makes me so happy and I can’t explain in words how much I enjoy being by the ocean, especially when friends, food, drinking and dancing is involved!

I’m also looking forward to going to Seattle this coming week to meet with other Brooks athletes and go to the company headquarters. We are going to give them feedback on gear and learn some new stuff, so I’m excited. It’ll be fantastic to get out of these triple digits for a few days!

Training is going great and I’m so happy every single day I get up and I know I can run. I’m getting antsy to start working out hard and go race again yet I know I have to remain patient and not be greedy with my mileage, etc. I’m happy my first race back in a while will be here in Tempe at the Arizona Road Racers Summer Series 5k at Kiwanis Park on July 17th. Yay!


Quote for today: "If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price"- Bud Wilkinson

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to Brooks plus it will be much cooler in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete