"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hope


I have had a very very fun weekend filled with tons of laughing (so hard I cried :) ), my delicious "giant sunday pancakes", some training and other various fun activities. I am having fears of what my foot will feel like after my first run next monday and I keep reminding myself that I just need to hope for the best. If it hurts or doesn't feel great afterward, I hope I will have the strength and positivity to maintain my faith in myself, my goals and my talent. Based off the little twinges and tightness I still get about every other day, I am being realistic and assuming the injury isn't going to be "gone". My biggest fear was that taking this time off would not heal the injury, and if that is the case I'll be extremely annoyed. Yet at the same time, I would have always wondered if time off would help. Either way, I'm getting some sort of answer out of the situation. I'm hoping my appointment tomorrow at Endurance Rehab helps me somewhat as well :)

A quote that really helps me lately with some stressful decisions weighing on me is:

"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want"- Buddha

another new favorite as well:

"You gotta live to learn
you gotta crash and burn
you gotta make some stances
and take some chances
you gotta live and love
and take all life has to give
you gotta live and learn
so you can learn to live."

No comments:

Post a Comment