"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life, Lemmon and I get to RUN tomorrow!! *&*^$%& :):):)





This past week I swam and rode more than I did the entire two weeks prior! HA…14k in the pool, including a 4k straight free session yesterday at Eldorado (outdoor pools help me stay a little sane), 186 miles on my bike the past 6 days, and 7 straight days of core and strength training…UGH I am so tired right now. I have been really silly, making jokes and laughing my butt off all day and evening…clearly I am really overtired and will sleep well tonight ☺ I’m so happy I’ve gotten back into a routine and although I have a ways to go before being in amazing shape for Kona, I am excited for the journey and can’t wait to celebrate all night on October 9th! ☺

Climbing Lemmon for the 5th time today was challenging because my legs felt pretty tired, yet super fun because I brought my sister with me and she had a ton of fun. There were a lot of people at the top of the mountain and there was a music festival going on with tents of food, drinks, etc. A few beers before descending Lemmon at 40+ mph? probably not a great idea ;) We did get a HUGE bag of Kettle corn though and managed to eat most of it on the drive home…delish. I enjoyed wearing my new Triple Sports jersey and it’s really comfortable so I am sure it’s going to work great in Kona. I’ll also test it out at my tris this summer and make sure it works well in racing ☺ I was laughing so hard when a lady at Le Buzz put an adorable parrot on my shoulder..he was eating tomatoes and dropping them on my shoulder, haha

I have been just drinking water on my rides lately and eating a GU or some Chomps if I feel light headed, hungry, etc. Today I enjoyed my favorite Vanilla Gus and a small bag of orange GU Chomps and my stomach responded well and I felt good. I need to continue practicing my fuel consumption and finding the perfect combination so I don’t have stomach problems in a really long race. Luckilly with GU products I’ve never had any issues; right now it’s about finding the right balance of sodium, calories, etc.

Oh my gosh I cannot believe the time has finally come!!! TOMORROW morning I am going to RUN for the first time in 6 weeks ☺☺ I have kept myself busy all week with training, meeting up with friends, going out, etc. to make the last week off fly by….and it has!! I’m very excited and I hope the entire week of gradually getting back into it goes really well. I’m looking forward to hanging out at LGO afterward and eventually swimming again outside in the afternoon!

This week, in addition to my core/ST, I plan to run about 20 miles, ride 150 and swim 20k.; should be a good week. My longest ride will probably be Tuesday pretty early in the morning, from Tempe and out along the Beeline…hopefully there won’t be much traffic during the week going out that way!

Quote for today: “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you”- Maya Angelou

2 comments: