"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore I. Rubin

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sick in the City...:(


UGH...for some reason my body has decided to get some sort of sickness the past couple days and I NEVER get sick :( Maybe it's a combination of more training, slightly less sleep than when I'm at home, staying at different homes, running in different weather, more contact with germs on the subway, busses, etc..who knows, but it's not fun and I'm not sure what I should do. I don't take medicines usually because I don't think they really help and I prefer to take a more natural approach and just let the sickness run it's course. I've been eating and drinking good things that supposedly fight off illnesses but we'll see if it works. I'm supposed to do a 15 mile moderately hard run tomorrow but I will likely take it easier than my 14 miler last week! After I see how it goes and assess how I feel, I'll decide whether to take a day or two off before the race this weekend. UGH this is not fun :(

On a more positive note, I enjoyed a peaceful run this morning in Liberty State Park and I got to see the Statue of Liberty for the FIRST time!! Yes I know, pathetic, considering I've been to NY/NJ probably a dozen times! It was so incredibly cool though and it made me feel so happy and grateful for my life that I have, my amazing friends and family, and my dogs, DUH :):) The park is really pretty and there were a few small trails with softer surfaces so I liked that.

My GU electrolyte drink before each run has been going well and it doesn't bother my stomach on my runs at all, so that's great! When I get back to AZ I'll start experimenting more with different gels and whether to do caffeine or the 2x caffeine :)

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to going out to lunch with my agent and one of my big sponsors, John Elliot from Marathon Guide.com. It'll be nice to see John and get a chance to give him a big THANK YOU for all his support so far this year. I always love talking and meeting up with the wonderful people and companies who help me train day in and day out :)

Off to dinner in Jersey City at a cute little Mexican food place that looks reallllly good! :)

Quote for today: "Be sure to take the most direct route to your dreams. Never take your eyes off your goal, or you will lose course. Never look back in sorrow, or you will trip"- submitted by Joe Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment